Sunday, October 4, 2009

14 weeks

It's so hard to keep up with this!! A few little tidbits... Charlie is now sleeping a 9.5 hour uninterrupted stretch at night. :) His last few evenings have been a little sketchy with him wanting to sleep a lot too close to his bedtime. He needs to nap more during the day... I'll be invoking a slightly more strict and stretched eating schedule this week to see if it helps. He's ready to eat every 4 hours (his age), but I've been feeding him every 2.5-3.5 (mostly 3). Since he doesn't nap good, he frequently gets in a bad cycle of getting grouchy and wanting to eat, then falling asleep from eating. Anywho, trial this week.

To see his 3 month pics:
https://www.smilesbywire.com/home.asp?AC=LTPP0363102882JCPSHR
Enter the Customer Name, jacquelyn rosema (yes, it's incorrectly spelled...no e in my first name)

I'm loving just about every second of motherhood now. (first 6 weeks I would've not been so enthusiastic...not that I didn't want him of course...just adjusting) I can't imagine life without Charlie now. I absolutely love watching him develop. :) He is talking and blowing bubbles a lot more these days. He enjoys Daddy playing the piano for him to soothe him. He sits up with support pretty well. He's giggled for me twice now. He likes it when I kiss his cheeks. He recognizes us a lot more and gives us big smiles when he sees us. He's grabbing and holding onto toys.

What an amazing design our Lord has thought up!

3 comments:

Mike and Mary Wagner said...

Hi Jacky - so good to talk to you yesterday. What a joy it is to see your loving comments about your son and husband. Thanks for sharing.
I remember the "first weeks" ... it is hard to forget them! I do remember the next time was much easier because I knew what to expect!
Love you!
Mary

Tracy said...

Very cute pictures!

The only thing I have to say about the 3 hr feeding is that if he's sleeping 9.5 hrs at night, he may be needing the extra bit during the day. But, I hear you on the grouchy, tired, falling asleep eating. Austin did that a lot.

Stacey said...

Yea! And updated post!! :) I LOVE the pictures. I want one of each!